Monday, December 9, 2013

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels


I am not a very crafty mom.  Thank god for preschool and art and messy paint and clay because that does not happen at home.  The craftiest I get is with, surprise surprise, making treats!  Luckily, Jack loves to help.  However, I am a baker by nature because it's a slow process and allows you to clean as you go, so there's a certain amount of "control" I have to let go of when I let a little one in the kitchen.  Sprinkles?  Just, breathe, and, clean, later, Siri.  These Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels were a really fun, delicious and MESSY project to do with Jack : )   

I got the idea from my friend's Instagram, who happens to be the co-host of the Minneapolis based Twin Cities Live (check out the show and website for more holiday treat ideas).  Jack had a blast doing everything himself, with the exception of melting the chocolate (which I did in the microwave for 30 second intervals until smooth).  Tip: buy a few bags of pretzels if you're going to make a lot, because many in the bag were broken (I used this brand).  Simply spread a small amount of peanut butter on the flat side of each pretzel, add another on top to make a sandwich (flat side to flat side).  Dip in melted chocolate, use a spoon to add sprinkles, and place finished product on parchment paper to harden... 

(actual recipe here)   




No comments:

Post a Comment