Sunday, November 24, 2013

Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Shallots


You would think I was pregnant (I'm not, I'M NOT) due to the weird ass craving I've had lately for Green Bean Casserole.  You know the kind, with the cream of mushroom soup and the fried onions.  Or maybe you don't know the kind, because you're like Carson and you were born and raised in Santa Monica and you don't even know what casserole is.  If you need to familiarize yourself with the dish, click here.  I made it (for myself because no one else in my family is down with casserole) in all of it's original glory with one slight adjustment: fried shallots vs. the canned onion version.  I could eat those all, day, long.  And they were a delightful addition to the casserole.  I felt like a gourmet Midwesterner.  

What are you guys cooking up for Turkey Day?        

*More crispy shallots here.
*More casseroles here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment